Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto:  Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123456789AllNext
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Pub dates for vols. 4 and 5 of the Nightshade series correct?
Posted by: deuce (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2009 09:26PM
Thanks Scott! That's a relief. :-) Honestly, I wasn't getting worried until last week when EVERYBODY else on the REH forum had gotten their copies. Hell, even Mike Chivers in Sussex has his copy. Before now, my copy has arrived before or at the same time as the other subscribers I know.

I dare anyone to show me where I've been anything but a staunch supporter/promoter of NSB until the last 7-10 days. It would've been nice to get just a general "Hey, they're on their way! Don't email. We've got you taken care of." NSB has done that before and I'm fine with that. What REALLY spooked me is that I recently changed addresses and I didn't know whether they'd shipped to the wrong place, despite my email. Still don't know, for that matter. All that said, I'll go back to the REH forum and put up a calmer post.

Posted by: Geoffrey (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2009 10:45PM
The release date for volume 5 has been changed to March 2010.

Posted by: Scott Connors (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2009 09:35PM
Geoffrey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The release date for volume 5 has been changed to
> March 2010.

Unless I get the mss from Brown, that might prove optimistic.

Scott

Posted by: Eldritch Frog (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2009 10:34AM
Scott Connors Wrote:
> Geoffrey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The release date for volume 5 has been changed
> to
> > March 2010.
>
> Unless I get the mss from Brown, that might prove
> optimistic.
>
> Scott

I thought you already had the manuscripts?

Posted by: dougdraa (IP Logged)
Date: 19 August, 2009 03:31AM
I received mine almost 3 weeks ago. I ordered it through an "Amazon Shop" since amazon.de was listing it as unavailable even though amazon.com had it already in stock. I ordered it on the 4th oh July and it arrived about 10 days later.

And speaking of NSB...
Does anyone have an idea why the 1st volume (The 3rd Cry of Legba) of the 5 Manly Wade Wellman books is practically impossible to find for under $125 and volumes 2-5 are still fairly easy to get for around $25?
I just checked and there are no copies available on Ebay and Abebooks. I (falsely?) assumed that there would be less of the later voulumes in circulation since more and more buyers would drop out as the number of volumes rose and not the other way around.
I know that this is OT, but it's making the anal retentive part of me crazy!! LOL

Take care.
Doug

Posted by: Jojo Lapin X (IP Logged)
Date: 19 August, 2009 03:50PM
dougdraa Wrote:
> the anal
> retentive part of me

The anus, you mean?

Posted by: dougdraa (IP Logged)
Date: 19 August, 2009 04:30PM
Jojo Lapin X Wrote:
> dougdraa Wrote:
> -----
> > the anal
> > retentive part of me
>
> The anus, you mean?

Adj. 1. anal retentive - a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated on the anal region; fixation at this stage is said to result in orderliness, meanness, stubbornness, compulsiveness, etc.

Anal Retentive:
A mild form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people. They do things “by the book’’ with no flexibility in the way they complete tasks, and expect others to do and think as they. It’s their way or the highway, basically. They are the worst people to work for or live with. My roommate is a good example. He irons his underwear because he doesn’t want the wrinkles, assuming people will see them or care. He always must have his room spotless in every detail, including making his bed to perfection before going to work. Before he puts dishes in the dishwasher, he washes them thoroughly, defeating his purpose for the dishwasher. And he must have the dishes in the washer sitting at a certain angle, for fear they wont get cleaned. He will also literally pick tiny particles from the living room carpet, before using the vacuum cleaner. Psychologists say that anally retentive people’s habits—often controlling—stem from lack of being breast fed as an infant. Basically, people who are anally retentive act like they have something up their butt. Instead, they need to see a psyciatrist. And if things don’t go their way, they go nuts! Anally retentive people are usually very annoying as a result and may have a hard time making and keeping friends.

It was supposed to be a joke.. :-)

Date: 21 August, 2009 11:20PM
Eldritch Frog Wrote:
> Scott Connors Wrote:
> -----
> > Geoffrey Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The release date for volume 5 has been
> changed
> > to
> > > March 2010.
> >
> > Unless I get the mss from Brown, that might
> prove
> > optimistic.
> >
> > Scott
>
> I thought you already had the manuscripts?

Some, but not all. Brown will not make photocopies of the Smith manuscripts, and they have a real bottleneck at microfilming (up to a year), so I've been having them make digital scans onto CD-R and send those to me. They charge us a rather high price for the labor, so once one book is turned in I turn in the request for the next batch of mss--and so far they have not arrived.

Date: 25 August, 2009 10:41AM
Scott, can you check with Nightshade on whether subscribers will still get the pre-order bonus of "Tales of India and Irony?".

Is that coming with volume 5?

Date: 10 September, 2009 04:06PM
I put up a review of The Maze of the Enchanter here:

[www.thecimmerian.com]

As one might notice, no vitriol is spewed in the general direction of NSB. I still believe that the mailing situation could've been handled better (as it had in the past), but I saw no benefit from bringing it up. I even managed to name-check Donald, Ron and Scott. :-)

Date: 10 September, 2009 10:36PM
Eldritch Frog: Tales of India and Irony is scheduled to be released with volume 5. You may rest assured that Night Shade is not about to renege on a promise made to subscribers.

Deuce: Thank you for your kind review on The Cimmerian website. I don't mean to be cranky, but please note that there is no e in my name.

Scott

Date: 10 September, 2009 11:41PM
Scott Connors Wrote:

>
> Deuce: Thank you for your kind review on The
> Cimmerian website. I don't mean to be cranky, but
> please note that there is no e in my name.
>
> Scott

OOPS!!! Consider it fixed, Scott. :-)

Date: 15 September, 2009 02:15PM
Scott Connors Wrote:
> Eldritch Frog: Tales of India and Irony is
> scheduled to be released with volume 5. You may
> rest assured that Night Shade is not about to
> renege on a promise made to subscribers.
>
> Scott

Glad to hear it Scott! I honestly forgot what the book even is, just that it was a bonus for subscribers.

Posted by: asshurbanipal (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2009 07:44AM
Hi gang
Up till now I've been posting on Night Shade Books, but most of the info seems to be right here, on good old ED. I first came across NSB's projected Clark Ashton Smith Collected Fiction on ED, and promptly took out a subscription (May 15th 2005) part of which deal was an EXCLUSIVE tpb entitled Tales of India & Irony. It's nice to know that this offer is still good, but it's exclusivity seems to have lessened with the news that there will be plenty of spare copies for just about anybody who wants one. That particular carrot has lost its juice. As I suppose we're all aware, publication dates for CAS have receded into an uncertain future (uncertain in that time ticks for all and no one of us knows how much sand is left) and March 2010 seems now to be optimistic given that the MSS aren't yet in hand and there has been mention of a year's backlog for obtaining same. I think it's fair to say that some of us old-timers may not last out. I'm still rooting for March next, so good health to all at NSB and cheerio for now.

Posted by: Kyberean (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2009 11:19AM
Quote:
That particular carrot has lost its juice.

Gasp! Do mean to imply that small specialty presses are not paragons of honesty and competence?!?!? Next, you'll be telling us that there's no Easter Bunny! ;-)

Goto Page: Previous123456789AllNext
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Top of Page